Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fur Collar

12x16 collage and pastel
SOLD
The model for this is one of my daughters. We had a photo shoot using different accessories and hair styles. Her hair is normally curly and I wanted to get some wild hair shots, so I was a little disappointed when I realized she had straightened her hair the night before. We managed to get her hair piled up, though. This painting started off strictly as a pastel drawing. I was determined to get her features somewhat representational this time more as lesson than for any other reason. So, consequently, the whole drawing ended up be very representational - nice, but not very exciting. That's when I started tearing things up.


1 comment:

Dee Doyle said...

Lovely! I looked at your collage assembly demos. Very interesting. So much tidier than mine! Love your work!